On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) updates come into effect. Transparency in how and why we store your data is important to us. Please find our data protection statement below. If you have any questions regarding how your data is used don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- When you make a booking we collect your full name and title, email address, and telephone number.
- When you visit our website you can choose to subscribe to our mailing list. If you do this, we collect your full name and title, and email address.
- When you have your Initial Consultation and Treatment, your therapist will collect data regarding your lifestyle, medical history, and where you heard about us.
- After every treatment your therapist will write notes including treatment methods, observations, and plans for future treatments.
- We use your basic personal details to identify you and to contact you regarding appointments. Occasionally we may send marketing emails including offers and updates. However these are usually kept in the News section of this site.
- We keep your medical history to ensure that treatment is safe and appropriate to you.
- We keep treatment notes to monitor your progression and to help the therapist optimise your treatment.
- We promise to never sell your data.
- Most clients will have the option of receiving a personalised remedial exercise plan. We create this using external web-based software. Your therapist will use your name and email address to create a login on your behalf, but only after you have given consent to this!
- We use web-based practice management software to store your data and treatment notes. This is password protected and requires an authentication code from the practitioner’s phone to access.
- This policy is valid from 25/05/2018. Some treatment notes made before this date are kept in paper form in a locked safe. However we are taking steps to transfer these to our web-based software and destroy the paper based copies.
- To comply to our professional body standards, your data must be kept for 7 years.
- In the case of clients under the age of 18, your data must be kept for 7 years from the day you turn 18.