Remedial Massage Therapy
What is Remedial Massage Therapy?
Remedial massage therapy uses a mixture of light and deep massage, neuromuscular techniques, heat, ice, assisted stretching, remedial exercise, and education to rehabilitate injury, pain, and posture. Treatment plans are tailored to the individual depending on posture, joint, and injury assessments
Will it hurt?
Many people believe that a sports massage must be painful to have any benefit. Although some techniques may cause discomfort, at Reset we prefer to avoid causing too much pain where possible. This is because your muscles’ natural response to pain is to contract protectively.
Remedial massage therapy can help to:
- Relieve muscle pain, spasm, trigger points and imbalance
- Break down scar tissue and adhesions
- Improve posture and postural awareness
- Aid rehabilitation following surgery, accidents, slips, or falls
- Promote relaxation and increased wellbeing
Some examples of situations in which remedial massage is beneficial include:
- Back ache / neck ache
- Frozen shoulder or shoulder impingement
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Postural pain
- Tension headaches
- General stiffness / aches and pains
If you have any questions or a condition that isn’t mentioned above don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’re always happy to chat!